212.430.6410 ext. 1193
• St. John’s School of Law, J.D.
• New York Institute of Technology, B.S.
• New York
• U.S. District Courts: Southern, Eastern and Northern District of New York.
George A. Marco, Esq. Mr. Marco is a founding member of M&S, with over 25 years of experience. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, with a specialization in construction law. Before earning his law degree from St. John’s Law School in 1993, George Marco was employed as a mechanical engineer for a major vibration control manufacturer in New York. Applying his engineering and construction background to the practice of law, Mr. Marco has carved out a unique niche representing general contractors, subcontractors, vendors and developers in all facets of construction law. His engineering background, education and practical work experience in construction has given him a unique insight into the inner workings of a construction project not shared by many other practitioners. Mr. Marco has successfully litigated multimillion-dollar claims against the New York City School Construction Authority and the New York City Housing Authority, among other public agencies.
In addition, Mr. Marco has considerable experience in identifying and assessing the myriad of claims which typically arise on a construction project. He is well versed in the preparation of complex construction claims, such as delay, impact costs and loss of productivity, and works closely with engineers and construction claims specialists in order to prepare and prosecute claims on behalf of clients. Mr. Marco also works with clients to address the common pitfalls of a construction project before a problem arises and the parties engage in costly litigation and or arbitration.
Mr. Marco has litigated dozens of cases throughout his career. Representative matters include:
- Representation of a large, national masonry contractor in multi-million complex litigation arising from a public works/school construction project in New York City.
- Representation of a trade contractor in a claim to recover over $1.2 million from a surety for unpaid work.
- Representation of a Brooklyn based owner and real estate developer in defending a multi-million dollar claim from an alleged partner/joint venture in a private construction project.
- Representation of Texas based millwork supplier in a breach of contract action in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Marco earned a B.S. in mechanical engineering from New York Institute of Technology in 1989, and a Juris Doctor from St. John’s School of Law in 1993. He is admitted to practice law in New York State, and in the United States District Courts in the Southern District, Eastern District, and Northern District of New York.