212.430.6410 ext. 1190
- New York Law School, J.D.
- Clemson University, B.A.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts: Southern, Eastern and Northern District of New York.
George Sitaras, Esq. Mr. Sitaras is a founding member of M&S. He is licensed to practice in New York and New Jersey, where he regularly appears before state, federal courts and administrative agencies. His practice focuses on commercial litigation and transactions, servicing businesses and business people across a variety of industries and practice areas.
His clientele includes:
- a multi-billion-dollar private equity firm that operates across a variety of industries, including manufacturing aluminum and fiberglass windows, plastic manufacturing, software development and industrial technology
- construction contractors and trade contractors engaged in both publicly and privately funded projects
- real estate investors, owners and developers
- private lenders and borrowers engaged in business and secured lending
As for commercial litigation, Mr. Sitaras’ representative matters include:
- Representation of a not-for-profit school in Manhattan seeking to recover $28 million in damages from an investment advisor/bond placement agent, former trustees, and the law firm that steered the underlying bond financing, based on various breaches of contract, fiduciary duties, and malfeasances.
- Representation of a restaurant franchisee seeking to recover over $10 million damages arising from the rescission of certain franchise agreements based on fraud, misrepresentation and violation of the New York State Franchise Act.
- Representation of a U.S.-based, publicly traded steel company in a dispute with an aerospace supplier arising from a breach of a requirements contract, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Representation of a modular-home supplier in securing a $5 million judgment in a breach of contract and surety bond claim against an insurance and surety company in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Representation of a surety bond agent in defending a $6 million claim from an insurance and surety company for breach of contract and fiduciary duties inS. District Court for Connecticut.
- Representation of an investor in a Volkswagen franchisee- dealership in defending claims by a bankruptcy trustee to recover over $5 million in alleged fraudulent transfers from the debtor’s estate in the S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a publicly-traded construction company in a breach of contract dispute to recover over $1 million in damages in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York.
Mr. Sitaras regularly counsels clients on a variety of matters, including dispute resolution, work-outs, the formation, structuring/re-structuring, organization and finance of business entities, as well as operational concerns, such as asset purchases and sales of closely held companies, franchising, employment law, and real estate matters (e.g., financing, sales,leasing and access agreements). Having represented both institutional and private lenders as well as borrowers, Mr. Sitaras offers formidable expertise in real estate finance.
Mr. Sitaras was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree from Clemson University in 2002 and Juris Doctor from New York Law School in 2005. He is admitted to practice in New York and New Jersey, as well as the U.S. District Courts in the Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York, the New Jersey and Connecticut U.S. District Courts.